Food diary #2

13:46

Hello!


How am I back so soon? Since when do I come back within a week? I must be getting my life together or something... crazy. I've got a food diary for you! I've been keeping track of everything I ate today and took photos of it! Except for the two grapes I had, and seven french fries I stole from my brother's dinner. Sue me. Also, I skipped lunch because I was in town and I also woke up at 11.30... my bad. 

Here we go! 

For breakfast I had a smoothie made with a cup of unsweetened almond milk, a cup of orange juice, 2/3 cup of frozen cherries, 2/3 cup of frozen mango and 1/3 cup of blackberries. It was amazing. I loved it. Gotta admit though, I was a little bit impatient and I didn't blend it as much as I should have which resulted in a couple of unblended pieces of mango. However, it was actually a nice surprise. I really liked having them floating in my smoothie. Also, I placed my cup on our hardwood floor to make it a little bit more pretty. Appreciate the shit out of this, because I was too lazy to do anything with the next photos.


I went into town with my mother to buy some more groceries and run some errands. We went into the health food store (which, let me tell you, was the biggest disappointment ever. I loved this place when I wasn't trying to be vegan, but they don't have anything catered to vegans! It's such a disappointment.) and got some bits and pieces, including this packet of potato chips. I've already had this before and they are absolutely delicious. I love black pepper so this is right up my alley. If you guys can get your hands on the Go Pure potato chips... get them! Anyway, I was so hungry since I didn't eat lunch so I digged into these. 


When I came home with all my stuff I dropped it all on the floor and the table and headed straight for the fruitbowl and basically inhaled this incredibly sweet and deliciously juicy orange. I don't know if the orange was actually that amazing or if I was simply that hungry and thirsty, but good grief, it was good. 


Then I cooked. I roasted some red potatoes with a little bit of olive oil, black pepper, fresh rosemary, thyme and sage. Once the potatoes softened up a little bit I added green, red, and yellow bell pepper, courgette, and baby carrots. I didn't think about it but I should've put the carrots in when I first put the potatoes in. You live and you learn right? I also cooked this veggie burger which I got from Albert Heijn (supermarket) and this is the reason why my day wasn't completely vegan. It has egg white powder in it, I don't even know what egg white powder is... but I do know that it wasn't vegan. The rest of the ingredients were all vegan, but I wont be buying it again. It was good, but not worth it. 
I paired the meal with a simple glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. 


I wasn't even hungry, but I bought apple syrup and I couldn't help myself. I used to eat it a lot when I was a kid, just like every other kid in the Netherlands. I think it's the equivalent of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I slathered it onto a rice cracker. Then I made myself a huge cup of Rituals' Hammam Mint tea which is AMAZING.



So that was my day in food! It was a good food day. I'm now sitting on the couch satisfied and with my jeans unbuttoned. Yes. Good food day.

Love,

Deborah 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Gotta love appelstroop! Lekker gezond bezig :D

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Google+ Badge